Lamb is excellent on the barbecue and there are a variety of cuts that suit to.
Herb and garlic crust roast lamb
- A leg or shoulder
- 1/2 Bulb of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper
- Set up the barbecue for hot roasting.
- Mix the peeled and chopped garlic with the herns and seasoning
- Take the lamb and cover it evenly with the garlic and herbs
- Put the lamb on the grill, once the barbecue is ready, some foil on the grate will catch the grease as it cooks
- Check the lamb for doneness after 1 hour
- Once the lamb is cooked allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Carve and serve
Sweet and succulent
- 1 lamb chop or 2-3 cutlets per person
- Set up the barbecue for grilling.
- Put the lamb on to the grill skin side towards the edge of the charcoal, once the barbecue is ready, put the lid on it it flairs up
- Turn the lamb after 5 minutes
- Turn after a further 5 minutes
- The lamb should be rare and cooked gently as it has been protected by the direct heat. Check if you like it cooked this way. Testing the lamb as you go should you prefer your lamb pink
- When the lamb is done, serve immediately