Hot Roasting Recipes
Some of my favourite roasted food.
Herb, lemon and garlic butter roast chicken
- 1 Small to medium chicken
- 1 Bulb of garlic, half crushed and half peeled and chopped
- A tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 Lemon
- Rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper
- Set up the barbecue for hot roasting.
- Mix the butter and the peeled and chopped garlic
- Take the chicken and peel back the skin from the breast meat to form two pockets. Place the garlic butter evenly in each pocket
- Cut the lemon in to quarters and place in the chicken's cavity with the herbs
- Put the chicken on a tray and, once the barbecue is ready, put the tray on the barbecue with the lid on
- Check the chicken for doneness after 1 and 1/2 hours
- Once the chicken is cooked allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Carve and serve
Beer Can Chicken
Beer can chicken is moist and tender and always comes out beautifully.
How to cook beer can chicken on a Weber kettle barbecue
Roast Belly Pork
Use the hot roasting. technique to cook perfect belly pork.